The Wagner-Peyser (WP) program is a federally funded labor exchange system developed to match employers with qualified job seekers. This program is also linked to the unemployment compensation program helping applicants file for unemployment compensation benefits and seek new employment opportunities.
Services provided through the Wagner-Peyser program:
- Job Search assistance (job registration in EmployFlorida.com)
- Recruiting assistance for employers through job orders, applicant screening and referrals
- Job matching services for job seekers and employers
- Employability workshops (View our calendar for Gainesville and Starke workshops.)
- More than 100 assessments available from skillset to industry
For more information on the Wagner-Peyser program, visit the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration website or see the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s Wagner-Peyser Program Fact Sheet.