Go from “find my job” to “create my job”
Startup Quest® is back in Gainesville to help you transition from “find my job” to “create my job.”
What is it?
Startup Quest® is a nationally-recognized 10-session weekly entrepreneurship program that pairs participants with seasoned entrepreneur mentors to create a business plan and investor pitch. Eligible participants will engage in a hands-on, team-based laboratory training experience. They will form teams led by an experienced mentor to develop business plans for simulated companies based on real technologies generated by a Florida university, federal laboratories, or NASA.
Eligible participants* will be selected to engage in this unique training program where they will:
- Gain valuable entrepreneurial skills
- Learn how to write a business plan
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Meet, network and learn from experienced entrepreneurs
- Compete in an investor contest with awards
Am I eligible?
Startup Quest® exposes educated professionals the processes required to form a startup company and develop a commercialization strategy for innovative technologies. Applicants should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or
- Associate degree with relevant real-world business or entrepreneurship experience
- Those seeking financial assistance should be long-term unemployed or underemployed (27 weeks or more)